Information for Parents & Guardians of ESS Students
Helpful resources and information for families attending ESS.
Please visit the School Start website to order supplies for the upcoming year.
School supplies lists
Please remember that all items on the form (parts A and B) are required by the teacher. Students should label and bring all their school supplies on the first day of school.
School Uniforms & Spirit Wear
Parent Participation Volunteer Portal
Criminal Record Check for Parent Volunteers
Visit https://justice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck to create your Criminal Record Check.
Follow the steps to obtain your BC Services Card, or download it on your phone (available for Android™ and iOS (iPhone® and iPad®).
The access code you will need is KLLDEMSGWP
Please email email@example.com if you have any problems.
Student Report Cards are available for download on the MyED BC Parent Portal.
Steps to Access Report Cards in the MyEducation BC System:
- Visit MyEducation BC (ensure popups are enabled for your browser)
- Enter your Login ID and Password (note: both user name and password are case sensitive)
- Click the link(s) for your child’s report card(s) as shown in the image linked below.
MyEd is best viewed on a Windows or Mac computer. If you’re trying to access from a mobile device, tap the 3 bar menu on the top left and then tap View Full Site.
Hot Lunch Program
We are very excited to share with you our new hot lunch program, STUDENT CHEF, coming September 2023!
Morning Drop-Off on Heather St.
Guidelines for Early Morning Drop-Off
- Please remember that our school is located in a high traffic area. To avoid congestion, we must enforce a strict “Drop Off Zone Only” in front of the school.
- When approaching the school, please drive up all the way toward the main entrance. Patrol attendants will be guiding and enforcing this.
- Please remain in your car during drop off. An attendant will assist your child if needed.
- If you need to get out of your car, please drive right, around the corner onto 14th Avenue. Also, there is plenty of 2-hour parking on 15th & 14th Avenue and around the school area, if you need a little extra time with your child.
Thank you for your assistance in making Early Morning Drop Off as efficient and safe as possible.
If your child has any medical concerns with regard to asthma, anaphylaxis or seizures, please fill out the applicable forms and deliver them, along with required medication, to the office on the first day of school. Please ensure medication is not expired.
Anaphylaxis Policy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan
Raising Digitally Responsible Youth
All parents drivers must submit a copy of their insurance to the office, as well as a Driver’s Abstract.
Fill out a Driver’s Abstract here.
Please note the vehicle used to drive students must carry a minimum $2,000,000 in liability insurance and that the driver must have a valid BC Driver’s license (in addition to a cleared CRC on file).
Student & Family Handbook
We encourage you to review the Student Guidelines and Family Handbook.
(Please note some information may be not be up to date. Revised version will be posted shortly.)
Family Affordability Form
A recent article published by CBC stated that food prices in B.C. rose by 10.3% in 2022 and are expected to continue to rise during 2023. This is no surprise to any of us that have been grocery shopping lately! In response to these rising prices affecting basic family needs, the B.C. government has made available a Student and Family Affordability Grant to be made available to families in B.C. and accessed through their child’s school. In response to this, ESS is accepting special requests. If your family has been financially affected by the current tough times, rising prices and inflation rates please complete the short application below and we will provide you with a $50 gift card you selected.
Emergency Evacuation and Student Release Procedures
As per our annual practice for evacuation and student release, here are the procedures that you will need to follow:
1. NO PARKING IN THE SCHOOL COURTYARD. You must find parking away from the school.
2. Depending on the situation and any damage to the property, the students will assemble in the gym, in the courtyard, in the field behind the church, or the field between the gym and St. Mary’s Ukrainian Church on 14th Avenue. Based on an assessment of damage, a decision will be made as to the safest location and the area best suited for assembly.
3. Report to the Release Station as soon as you find the ASSEMBLY AREA. The children will already be grouped by grade level in our assembly area; DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET YOUR CHILD directly. Runners will be assigned to do this for you.
4. You will be asked to show ID.
5. When it is your turn, your ID will be matched with our records, you will sign-out your child(ren), and a runner will be sent to retrieve your child(ren).
6. Wait at the Release Station until a runner brings your child/children to you.
7. Proceed immediately to the Exit Station and make sure you submit your Student Release Form (SRF) to the attendant at hand. School staff have been trained and share the responsibility of remaining with and caring for your children until your arrival. Emergency supplies, food rations, and equipment are on hand in case of an emergency.