MARCHETON / WALKATHON
“Seeking truth, healing & reconciliation”
October 7, 2022
The Walkathon is a long standing tradition at ESS. It is one of our major community building events as well as a major fundraiser. Thanks to many successful Walkathons, we’ve been able to update some of our classroom technology, our courtyard, and have added to our very important seismic upgrade fund.
This year, the money raised will go towards:
- Purchasing new sports team jerseys
- Classroom enhancements
- Outdoor school enhancements such as, the garden program, PALS program, additional picnic tables, and recess equipment
- Seismic upgrade fund
- Community outreach
In keeping with CISVA’s theme of “Seeking truth, healing & reconciliation”, the community outreach portion will be donated to the “One Drop Foundation”. This foundation provides clean drinking water to First Nations communities.
We thank you in advance for all your hard work and generosity towards this major fundraiser. The school and our children all benefit from our collective efforts towards the ESS MARCHETON!
Friday October 7th (noon dismissal at ESS)
After mass (approx 10:15am)
Students depart ESS to Douglas Park and around then return to ESS
$350 per family minimum
Online at Canada Helps and a paper pledge sheet for cheques and cash (cheques MUST be made out to Blessed Sacrament Parish).
Available on the Parent Participation Portal
Pledge forms with cash/cheques must be returned by October 26th by 3PM in a sealed envelope to count towards prizes/incentives.
To set up your child’s walkathon fundraising page, visit the school’s fundraising website at:
Create your family team:
1. Click “Sign in” located in the upper right corner.
For returning families, sign in using your previous year’s information.
For new families, create an account.
2. Click on “Create a Team”.
3. Fill in personal information, and the Account Type: Personal, click Continue.
4. Create your Team Name -THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART – Team name MUST be your FAMILY LAST NAME and then the names of your children at the school. For example: SMITH (John/Jane/Sally). Please do not use grades or additional titles.
5. Copy and send the link out to all your family and friends!
3020 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 3K3