Immunization – CISVA Student Health Policy 406
The following excerpt from CISVA Student Health Policy 406 addresses some of the questions we have received:
Communicable Disease Control
- The immunization program provided by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Fraser Health Authorities is aimed at maintaining adequate levels of protection in school populations against major vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The school administrator will:
- Distribute immunization information and consent forms (VCH, FHA, school and/or CISVA information are distributed as necessary);
- Collect completed forms for the community health nurse (to be handed over to the community nurse once collected);
- Provide a safe environment in the school for delivery of the immunization program.
- The Parent/Guardian will:
- Provide immunization records when a student registers in the school for the first time.
- Provide a completed consent form for the student for all immunizations (consent form will indicate yes or no).
- The Student will:
- Return signed parental consent forms to the school (no student can give personal consent for an immunization).
- Attend designated immunization areas in an orderly manner.
Last modified: Friday, 10 September 2021, 7:24 PM